Margo Cohen, RN, BSN, CHom
Margo Cohen is a San Diego homeopath who serves San Diego and the surrounding communities. Her practice is conveniently located near the 5 Freeway. She has considerable experience treating women and children with a wide variety of chronic complaints.
She is a graduate of the Homeopathic Academy of Southern California, a three year comprehensive training program in classical homeopathy. She is a CEASE certified practitioner, trained in Post Vaccination Syndrome and specializes in Woman's and children's health.
Margo brings a unique quality to her San Diego homeopathic practice with a strong nursing and science background. She has been working as a registered nurse for the last 10 years and graduated Cume Laude with Distinction from San Diego Sate University Nursing Program. She is a native Spanish speaker and brings and extensive multi-cultural experience to her practice.
Member of the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
Member of National Center for Homeopathy
Member of North American Society of Homeopaths
Certified Member of CEASE Therapy
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a system of medicine which involves treating the individual with highly diluted substances, given mainly in tablet form, with the aim of triggering the body’s natural system of healing. Based on their specific symptoms, a homeopath will match the most appropriate medicine to each patient. Check out this video for an overview of classical homeopathy.
Homeopathy Health and Healing offers our patient forms online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office, before you even arrive to our homeopathy office.
- If you do not already have AdobeReader® installed on your computer, Click Here to download.
- Download the necessary form(s), print it out and fill in the required information.
- Fax us your printed and completed form(s) or bring it with you to your appointment.
New Patient Health History Form - Required
This lets us know the history and current state of your health. What questions, concerns, goals, regarding wellness can we help you with? Let us know!
Download & Print Form
Important Remedies to have in hand for the winter:
1. Aconite is used for many acute conditions with rapidly developing symptoms of inflammation. Colds or flus that come on suddenly from exposure to cold and wind, with high fever and great heat or burning in the nostrils. Ear infections that come on suddenly usually with intense pain and high fever (ears are bright red). Usually has great thirst for cold drinks. You may find one cheek red and the other cheek pale. This is also an important remedy for the first stages of croup. The cough may be with nervous excitability, hoarse, dry, loud and labored, usually worse at night and after midnight. For whooping cough or other spasmodic coughs ending in gagging or retching and are worse for lying down, Drosera may be indicated.
2. Belladonna: It is used for sudden violent acutes with high fevers, throbbing and flushed face. Belladona is thirstless, even with high fevers and usually has complaints on the right side. Belladonna states are congestive, intense and often characterized by pain and throbbing sensations. They frequently have migraines and headaches that radiate to the right temple, forehead or right eye. Belladonna may help with tonsillitis which is usually suppurative. It can be indicated in states of constipation, severe dysmenorrhea, right sided ovarian pain or cysts.
3. Allium cepa: Allergic or viral runny nose. 30%of cases of hay fever can be treated acutely with this remedy, but recurring allergies need to be treated by a homeopath to address it chronically. Allergies, colds conjunctivitis, headaches, pertusis and upper respiratory infections. When someone is in need of this remedy, usually one sees profuse tearing with very acrid and excoriating nasal discharge, with irritation of the upper lip from the nasal discharge. Profuse watery discharges, “like a faucet”.
4. Eupatorium Perfoliatum: Famous remedy for treatment of influenza when it is associated with tremendous bone pains which accompany a fever. Complaints of unbearable pains in the legs or on the back, but most typically are pains in the bones “as if the bones are broken.” For early stages of influenza you may use Anas Barbariae(Oscillococcinum) every 3 hours for up to 4 doses.
5. Pulsatilla: Otitis media (Middle ear infections) with pains which wake up the child. The children develop “gluey ear”, and always wants to be comforted. They tend to be moody with changeable symptoms. Most always they are not thirsty. Characteristic of this remedy are their discharges which are profuse, bland, thick, and yellowish-green. Upper respiratory infections or flus with bland discharges yellow. Night time coughs of children, measles, mumps, mastitis. Conjunctivitis with yellow discharge from the eyes
Homeopathy Health and Healing
Margo Cohen, RN, BSN, CHom
3737 Moraga Avenue #A-207
San Diego, CA 92117
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA